- Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema is located at Castle Hill Showground, Castle Hill. Entry to the venue is off Showground Road at the traffic lights between intersections and lights at Gilbert Road and Carrington Road. A valid ticket is required for entry to Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema. You will need either a printed copy, or electronic copy accessible via your smartphone for scanning. Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema is a fully licensed venue, providing an extensive range of gourmet meals and snacks, as well as non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages. Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema is a strictly no BYO alcohol venue. Bag checks will be conducted at point of entry to ensure compliance with this venue policy.
- Free onsite parking is available for patrons of Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema and is accessible via entry as per above. Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema is also easily accessible by public transport, via CDC Bus routes timetable.
Conditions of Entry
- Admission is by valid ticket or pass.
• Your ticket is valid for the 2017 season only. No refunds will be issued on unused tickets or passes.
• Upon purchasing a ticket to Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema, the purchaser agrees to be bound by the rules and regulations of Hills Shire Council and Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema (refer to www.sydneyhillsoutdoorcinema.com.au/general-info), as well as by the Liquor License that applies within the Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema site.
• Seating for General Admission ticket holders is unreserved and is at the discretion of Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema management.
• Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema reserves the right to refuse entry to the venue and vary advertised films and starting times.
• By attending, all patrons must be willing to have their bag(s) searched upon entry. Any alcohol, illegal weapons or substances found will be confiscated.
• Please note the film rating (where available) for your selected film is on our website: www.sydneyhillsoutdoorcinema.com.au
• Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the venue.
• Pets of any kind are not permitted within the venue.
• Patrons bringing high (regular) chairs will be requested to sit towards the rear of the seating area in order to avoid blocking the view of the screen for other patrons. Beanbags are available for hire.
• Sound recording equipment, video, movie and mobile phone cameras must not be used during the film.
• Subject to a ticket holders’ rights under applicable laws where liability may not be excluded, restricted or modified, Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema, the ticketing company or the venue are not liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of attendance at Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema and disclaim the existence of any common law duty of care to any ticket holder.
• Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from one of Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema’s authorised points of sale.
• Open flames of any sort may not be brought into or used within the Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema site.
• Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema reserves the right to eject any person(s) who is intoxicated and/or causing a disturbance to other patrons. Such person(s) will not be entitled to a refund or exchange of tickets.
• You agree to wear clothing and footwear that is appropriate for attendance of an all-weather outdoor event. It is highly recommended that patrons wear suitable shoes and weather protection, especially when the weather has been, or may be wet.
• You are responsible for all property that you bring to the event and Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to this property.
• You understand that there are inherent and other risks associated with attending an outdoor all weather event. You release Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema (including its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) from any claim and from any liability to the maximum extent permitted by law for, or as a result of, any loss, injury or damage suffered by you in relation to your attendance and participation in the event, however caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of the event organisers; and
• You are aware that Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema attracts considerable media interest. By purchasing your ticket and/or attending the event you are agreeing for your name, photograph and/or footage of you to be used for promotional or advertising purposes including social media.
Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema Inclement Weather & Refund Policy
By purchasing a ticket to Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema, all patrons acknowledge that
- Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema is an outdoor event. Scheduled screenings will proceed in what some patrons may consider to be unfavourable weather conditions, such as intermittent rain.
• Sydney Hills Outdoor management may choose to cancel a session if weather conditions are deemed to present a safety risk for patrons. If a session is cancelled prior to movie conclusion ticket holders will be issued with a credit voucher to the value of their original ticket purchase, which can be redeemed for any other screening night during the 2017 season (subject to availability). Patrons will not be entitled to a credit voucher if a screening goes ahead and they fail to attend.
• In all circumstances, gift voucher recipients will receive a credit voucher if a session is cancelled.
• Screening cancellations will be communicated via the Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema website, Facebook and email. Cancellation correspondence will contain instructions and/or a web link detailing how to rebook for another session. Additionally, signage will be erected at the venue notifying customers of the cancellation.
• If a weather cancellation occurs in the season’s final week of screening, tickets will be refundable if cancelled prior to movie conclusion (excluding booking fees).
• If at the time credit vouchers are issued for a cancellation and all available inventory for remaining screenings is sold out tickets will be refundable (excluding booking fees).
Terms of Sale
- If a movie session is cancelled or terminated due to a decision by the host venue or other occurrence outside of the direct control of Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema, the face value of each ticket will be refunded upon return to Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema any valid/intact tickets to that session (excluding booking fee). Alternatively, redeemable vouchers can be provided for the same ticket type for a future session during the 2017 Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema season (subject to capacity).
• Tickets are subject to capacity and entry is not guaranteed.
• If a movie session is cancelled or terminated due to mechanical breakdown, the face value of each ticket will be refunded upon return to Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema any valid/intact tickets to that session. Alternatively, redeemable vouchers can be provided for the same ticket type for a future session during the 2017 Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema season (subject to capacity). Tickets are subject to capacity and entry is not guaranteed.
• Staff working at the Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema site are not able to provide refunds.
• Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema reserves the right to charge patrons for the replacement of lost or damaged tickets.
• Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable time during the movie.
• GST will apply to all goods and services supplied through this site.
- Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema reserves the right to vary the terms of sale at any time. Variations become effective upon posting on the web site. By making a purchase through this site after the terms and conditions have been varied you agree to be bound by the variation.
• Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema does not make any representations or provide any warranties in relation to: (a) the accuracy or authenticity of any content on the website; (b) the functionality or operation of the website; or (c) that access to the website will be uninterrupted or that the material on the website or any link to other websites is free from viruses or defects.
• You accept all risks and responsibilities for losses, damages, costs and other consequences resulting directly or indirectly from using this website and any information or material available from it. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sydney Hills Outdoor Cinema excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using this website and any information or material available from it.